Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us

Once again Computer Studies 280 has introduced me to a new website. After hearing about Del.icio.us in class I was looking forward to signing up for a Del.icio.us account of my own. I found the website much more straight forward than some of the other websites we have examined in COST 280. I found signing up for an account very easy as the instructions were well laid out. Adding my book marks to my Del.icio.us account was more than easy and fun, especially to make up tags for the links. I also found it more than interesting to see which pages others had bookmarked. The only issue I had with Del.icio.us was when it came to the ‘links for you’ portion of the exercise, since I had already uploaded all of my bookmarks and had to ‘go back’ and ‘edit’ to change my links to ‘links for you’. Adding friends to my network was also a very easy exercise as well as browsing the sight for other person’s bookmarks. Where Del.icio.us impressed me the most however was in its ‘linkrolls’. I love being able to display my bookmarks on my blog! All in all I would have to say Del.icio.us is currently one of my favourite sites we have examined within the class and I plan to add a ‘linkroll’ to my other blogs later on this week.

No comments: