Friday, May 11, 2007

technorati

Technorati.com, what to say? Until computer studies 280 I had never heard of technorati.com. After subscribing today and clamming my blog, I am still quite unsure of how I feel about this site. I believe that it is a useful tool to quickly check your blogs. However, I believe I am biased due to my long love and preference with Livejournal. Since in LiveJournal I am also able to subscribe to blogs I like as well as to syndicated blogs. Where Technorati.com prevails is in its ability to access blogs from many different sites, such as LiveJournal, Blogger, and MySpace.

I find however, that in comparison to LiveJournal, Technorati fails only in its ability to seach. I find it quite difficult to search for particular bogs. I also found it difficult at first to distinguish between subscribing and adding to my favourites. Although I found this difficult it may be unfair to say LiveJournal is necessarily easier since I am biased to the ease of LiveJournal.

I must say however that like Blogger, Technorati was very easy to set up and sign into a new account. I found the instructions very well laid out and easy to follow. I also appreciate being able to read a large portions of my blogs from one site. Perhaps with more exploration of Technorati I may find it a very useful tool, however I am still confused exactly to its use. I am also unsure as to if I will use Technorati over the long term since I primarily only read LiveJournal blogs, or syndicated blogs through LiveJournal.

No comments: